What does PPE actually mean?
What does PPE actually mean?
Is it that dreaded word that depicts unfitting hi-vis jackets and clumpy oversized boots?
No, it doesn’t have to.
Personal Protective Equipment includes items such as helmets, safety glasses and gloves. The whole idea of the Personal bit is that the items you wear are just for you, they fit perfectly and are comfortable to work in. Hi-vis jackets do spring to mind when the word PPE comes up, but although these are important there are more items, such as steel-toe-capped boots with impenetrable soles, that play just as vital a role.
What can happen without PPE?
Well, anything you want to have nightmares about! Depending on what sort of dangers are present here are some:
- Partial or full blindness from flying particles solids or liquids,
- Head and neck injuries from falling materials or a fall could lead to paralysis,
- Damaged lungs from inhaling contaminated air or poisonous gasses could end in lung cancer
- Peeling or corroding skin from contact with corrosive and harmful chemicals……the list goes on.
Why take the risk?
It’s your body, your life, your decision.
Some Great Solutions to prevent injuries.
Eye Protection – See our eye protection products
- Safety Spectacles
- Face shields
- Face Screens
Head & Neck Protection – see our head protection range
- Industrial safety helmets
- Hair nets
Ear Protection – see our ear protection range
Hands & Arms – see our range of gloves & gauntlets
- Gloves (with or without cuff)
- Gauntlets and sleeving to cover up some/all of arm
Feet & Legs
- Safety boots & shoes with protective toe caps and impenetrable soles
- Specialist wellington boots
- Specific footwear e.g. chainsaw boots
Respiratory protective equipment (dust masks, gas masks and breathing apparatus)
- Reusable or disposable overalls
- Chemical suits
- Boiler suits
Be safe Be seen. – see our hi-vis clothing range, which incorporates some fire retardant items.
If you’re casual – you’ll become a casualty!
We can help you!
Check out our safety wear products online or call 0844 669 1111 for a free copy of our large 400 page Safety Wear Directory.
Season’s Greetings from Bull Products
Message from Ross Markham, Managing Director of Bull Products “At the end of a very interesting and challenging year, we wanted to acknowledge our appreciation of our loyal customers and their support. “This year like never before, I for one have been taught a big lesson on the value of life, people, and relationships. Whilst […]
Protect your workers from electrical hazards
Each year, there are around 1,000 accidents at work related to electricity, with 30 of these being fatal. In light of Electrical Fire Safety Week, Bull Products shares its top tips on how you can protect workers from electrical hazards. Your site starts and stops with planning Every construction site carries the risk of a […]